I have had a little kit from Trixie Lixie to make a pair of knickers for some time I know, familiar story: I see things I want to make them, and they end up in a drawer in my sewing room....
Here is my original list.
I wanted a quick make today to make my target of fifteen finishes in July. The pattern said it could be done in 2 hours.
I cut out the fabric and stitched it up. The only problem I had was when it came to stitching the elastic. It had to be stitched while stretching the elastic enough to keep the knickers on. There was no help in how to judge how long a length of elastic to cut, nor how much stretch was required.
I eventually measured the elastic on me with a bit of stretch. I cut to that length - two legs and one waist. Then I marked the middle and quarter marks on both the elastic and on the fabric. I pinned those points and then stitched stretching the elastic to fit.
I only had to unpick twice before I worked this out! Duh!
Next time I make a pair I will know better.
But here they are....
This is my fifteenth finish from my FAL list! I'll be linking it up at the end of this quarter. Phew I made my target for July but those were all the quick things....I'll be slowing down now!