Monday 25 July 2016

A bit of retro crochet and my 7th finish this quarter!

I bought this book : Cute and Easy Crochet by Nicki Tench, probably in 2011! 

 

 I made a crochet cushion and my next project was to be this bag!



Well a few years later and I have gone back to this neglected project....




I made more granny squares and stitched them together .....



I ran out of green yarn so used a different colour to join the blocks in the gusset and to attach them to the back and front.   I think I prefer the blue contrast.



Next came the handles




And then the lining



And this is it finished!   I wonder why I didn't do this sooner....?



I'll be linking up this long overdue  finish (no 7) to the Finish-A-Long at the end of the quarter.

Here is my original list.


Finish A Long 2016

4 comments:

  1. Another lovely finish. I like your colour choices and agree that the blue yarn you used for joining looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I might have to copy that idea for all my leftover yarn. I guess granny squares are timeless. I have an old granny square afghan I crocheted in the 70s when I gave up smoking cigarettes and needed something to keep my hands busy. Congrats on a gorgeous and functional finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish! You are steamin'!! I too wonder why we leave something that's so close to finished........(I have a few!)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...