It has been on my FAL list for quite a while to make a quilt from some of my Karen Lewis textiles scraps!
I finally got started in March! I decided to use my hot colour scraps and was thinking it would be a log cabin sort of thing....
Fairly quickly it lost that sort of look as I added some scrap wonky triangles...
Then I cut some 1.5" squares to make a regular (rather than wonky) border ..
And added some grey.... another wonky, but this time rectangular border - with a promise of more wonky triangles....
I added purple and that is when I fell in love with this project...
It is strange how one decision can make such a difference...
It just needed one final border - back to grey and those pinks!
But decided the outer orange border would benefit from something more so I quilted it with a Baptist or Amish fan! Nothing marked, just quilt round your thumb and repeat ever outwards until it is time to start a new fan!
I love the texture this pattern gives!
Then there had to be a scrappy orange KLT binding, which I finished by hand!
And Ta Da here is the #Madallion quilt!
So that is the scrappy thing I have been up to.
Now its time for you to share your scrappy projects, plans and ideas.
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Fluffy Sheep Quilting - a €20 (20 Euro) gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Karen Lewis Textiles - scrap pack
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Massdrop - Marine by Quilt Gate Half Yard Bundle
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Simply Solids - £20 (20 Pounds) gift certificate
Please join Leanne from She Can Quilt and I by linking up a blog post or flickr or instagram photo sharing a scrappy project, in progress or finished, or your thoughts on dealing with your scrap mountain:
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - She Can Quilt - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Leanne know and we will get you sorted.