Tuesday 17 May 2016

Scraptastic Tuesday Winners in May








I thought I should try something different to my now usual method of using a central block as a medallion quilt, from donated orphan blocks.  

I had lots of blocks this time: one made by me; some by my beemate Catherine; but most from Carina as you can see in the photo below!




There didn't seem to be much tying them together. All different shapes in them, different methods of construction...how could they come together in one quilt?

While thinking they might each need their own quilts,  which I didn't have time to make - no not even me! - I saw that some did have colours in common.   Some green, some pink and some blue.  Then there were others that had all of those colours!  

And that is how I began making diagonal lines of blocks in colour bands.

First I sorted them on my design wall.




Then I squared them up and sashed them in the colour I was highlighting - to add more cohesion to my plan.




Then the multi-coloured blocks were sashed in white!




And that is how this quilt came to be ...quilted in organic (irregular) horizontal lines



Backed in this fabric from my friends Sarah and Jude




And bound in this multi stripe (backing fabric leftovers from another siblings together quilt - fabric provided by simply solids in exchange for a quilt and tutorial)



It is scraps all the way!

And here it is all bound and totally scrappy!




So you are wondering about the winners of the randomly drawn prizes for the May Scraptastic Tuesday monthly link

First, I know you would like to thank our fantastic and generous sponsors, who make this whole project a lot more fun by allowing us to share prizes with you every month.   





The winners are:
    Congratulations to our winners, and watch for an email about your prizes.

    Please plan to join Leanne from She Can Quilt and I for the June Scraptastic Tuesday link on the second Tuesday, which will be June 14. In the meantime, you can go back to check the May links for inspiration and share your scrappy projects using the #scraptastictuesday tag anytime.

    I will be linking this project to the Finish-A-Long 2016 at the end of quarter 2


    Finish A Long 2016

    This quilt is on my Quarter 2 list here

    11 comments:

    1. Thanks for organizing and hosting and a BIG thanks for the WONDERFUL sponsors!

      And looks like you have managed another lovely quilt from orphan blocks. Congrats to you.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wow! Your scrappy quilt looks fantastic! (maybe next time.....)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thanks so much for Scraptastic Tuesday! I love seeing all the different projects each month, and the prizes are a lovely bonus! Thanks to the generous sponsors, too!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thank you for the prize - I'll enjoy it for sure!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Another fabulous quilt! You have such great ideas.

      ReplyDelete
    6. It amazes me that you can (so frequently!) take blocks that have absolutely NOthing in common and make such lovely quilts!!! This is definitely another winner. Thank you for sharing it!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I am with Lynne Stucke. It amazes me too. You have a natural knack for this. I miserably don't! I love this one. Never would I have thought that the first mayhem picture would turn out so beautiful at the end. Congratulations! ;^)

      ReplyDelete
    8. This really is gorgeous. You are very talented, Nicky.
      Congrats to all the winners :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. I missed this one, so now I am here to say it's lovely! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global hosts.

      ReplyDelete

    Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...