Tuesday 13 October 2015

Scraptastic Tuesday - October link up please!



Scraptastic Tuesday



I'm sorry to have been missing for a while - life got in the way and something had to give - it turned out to be my little blog here!

One of the life issues, was taking a little break from England, and venturing North to my Mother country of Scotland.  It is a breath-takingly beautiful country and I do miss it's rugged nature.  The part of England I am in, is a lot tamer, but still lovely - it's just not what I was brought up looking at.




I managed to fit in a bit of visiting and attending the one day stitching retreat that is Stitch Gathering, beautifully run by the very lovely Jo and her fabulous team in the fair city of Edinburgh. 

This was so much fun that I'll definitely be wanting to go again next year!

A highlight for me was meeting up with this lovely lady!




Yes it is Sheila - I've only been running a bee with her for just short of three years and this is the first time we have met.    I have only one lady in the bee to meet face to face and she should be warned I am on the case!  

To make sure I met Sheila, I joined in her Megapinnie class (tutorial on Sheila's blog), and I made this scrappy one, 




....using my citrus coloured Karen Lewis Textiles scraps!  I am celebrating two lovely friendships in one item! I love it and am enjoying using it along with the one Sheila made for me when our bee started out!  The teacup pinnie was a fabulous gift from Sheila. 


Now, its time for you to link up and share your scrappy projects to inspire us all.



A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up:
  • Massdrop - a Scented Half Yard Bundle
      Please join Leanne - She Can Quilt and I by linking up a blog post or flickr or instagram photo sharing a scrappy project, in progress or finished, or your thoughts on dealing with your scrap mountain:
      • You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
      • One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
      • Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect. 
      • Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button if you like (code is on the sidebar) and invite your friends to join us too. 
      • The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday. 
      • If you have trouble linking up, let me or Leanne know and we will get you sorted.


      8 comments:

      1. Wow,there are stunning projects.Conghrats to all the ladies for sharing!

        ReplyDelete
      2. lovely write up Nicky, the Stitch Gathering is about friendship more than anything!

        ReplyDelete
      3. Those photos are beautiful! I'd love to see that in person some day.

        ReplyDelete
      4. One day I hope to get to Scotland; have been to England twice, but at age 3 and 12; my mum is from Lancashire. Thanks for sharing those photos, as well as for the link for the large pinnie (love that term, and your fabrics--mmm!) which I have most dutifully downloaded already! Sheila's blog is new to me, one I'll be visiting again!

        ReplyDelete
      5. Stitch Gathering looks like it was a hoot, and it was a great idea to combine it with some visiting!

        ReplyDelete
      6. How fun to meet your online friends. And what a pretty place! Love your photos!

        ReplyDelete
      7. How neat to meet each other!! Great pin cushion! Thanks for hosting this great link up!

        ReplyDelete

      Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

      LinkWithin

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...