Last year I set my lovely stingy bee members the task of creating or finding blocks with a Nordik theme! I gave them some inspiration on my Pinterest board and made a few blocks as examples.
The variety is truly amazing!
I have to say there seemed to be a bit of fear at first from some but they really excelled themselves and came up with the most gorgeous blocks. They exceeded every thought I had about this quilt.
And of course I kept on making blocks...I couldn't help myself.
When all the blocks were in I started putting them together - it seemed easy enough at first....but then I didn't really like where I'd ended up
and put it away till I could see clearly where I should be going with it.
And that happened this August!
I did unpiece some bits .....Helen's block got a bit more space around it.
And soon the central block came together...
I still had lots of blocks left...
I thought I would use them as borders and cornerstones.
After a brief misguided flirtation with Aqua framed corner stones it all began to come together. I knew where I was going and had the pleasure of adding a few new blocks to my border and one new corner.
And this is how it looks now!
So pleased with this quilt - I cannot tell you just how I love it ! And all thanks to my fabulous beemates who made it possible ...Sheila, Catherine, Emily, Charlotte, Di, Janet, Helen, Lucy, Collette, Karen!