This week I got back to making more sampler blocks. I was grouping my blocks by design at the beginning, but I wasn't far from completing a column of blocks so I have worked on the ones that were missing.
It gives me a better idea of how they will all fit in together. I may be doing a bit of rearranging as my blocks at the bottom seem very busy but as I've kept to a few sizes they are easy to swap around!
A 9" Dutchman's Puzzle
Cut eight 5" x 2.75" rectangles, and sixteen 2.75" squares. Place the squares in the corners of the rectangles, stitching diagonally across the square to make a goose - or use your own preferred method. Make eight units and stitch in pairs - one goose on top of the other. Then combine the paired units being careful to orient them as in the photo!
A 4" Devil's Puzzle
Cut four 2.5" - cut in half diagonally. Insert a 1" strip between the triangles matching on either side. Trim to a 2.5" square. Cut eight 1" squares in the background fabric. Place at either end of the strip and stitch across the square diagonally so that when flipped back it completes the square. Cut the excess off and trim each section to 2.5" square. Stitch the trimmed squares in pairs, and the paired units as in photo.
A 4" Log Cabin - with a 1.5" centre square add 1.25" strips
And all together
So it is the second Tuesday of December and it's time to linkup - what already? Doesn't time flash by when you need it to stand still...?
Please join Leanne from she can quilt and I for the monthly Scraptastic Tuesday link.
- Link up a blog post, flickr picture or instagram photo showing off a scrappy project, new or in progress, or your thoughts on dealing with the scrap mountain. You can link from a post or photo from anytime over the last month.
- Do grab our button and add it to your post, include a link back here, or use the hashtag #scraptastictuesday
- Please link only one post per person. You can link here or on Leanne's blog - she can quilt - the link is the same on both blogs.
- The link will stay open for one week, closing at 10 pm MST on December 15 so that we can announce the randomly drawn winners next Tuesday.
- Please visit as many of the links as you can, and leave a comment too, so that everyone gets know each other a bit in this link up. I've been finding these links very inspiring to visit and I am sure you will too.
A huge thank you to each of our generous sponsors for the following prizes, which will be awarded randomly:
- Simply Solids - 3 mini charm packs
- Sew me a Song - a $20 gift certificate
- Massdrop - 15 fat quarter bundle of designer fabrics, plus two coordinated Aurifil threads (Mako' Ne 50/2)
- Mad About Patchwork - a $30 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - a $25 gift certificate
Good luck everyone and I hope you are up to date with your Christmas shopping!