Monday 4 August 2014

Educational Quilting!



Oops this quilt top seems to have avoided every list so far but it is a Giant Star a la Jeni Baker @ In Color Order tutorial.

As it is a star I suddenly had the idea to quilt star related words round the diamonds!   I am using a dictionary as I have not heard of some of them but who says quilts cannot be educational!

Of course mixed in with the real stuff I have sneaked a few fictional items....time and relative dimensions in space (TARDIS), the final frontier!  



There will be more.....



....to boldly go....fromTrudi
 ....beam me up Scottie ...
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....
These are not the droids you are looking for
The Force is strong with this one
Don't Panic
Forty two!
So long and thanks for all the fish
A cup of tea would restore my normality
Oh no not again




13 comments:

  1. Only you could come up with such a brilliantly bonkers idea!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilted stars are out of this world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starry starry night.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you got me going there! When you said Star related words, I was thinking like the constellation's names or nebulae's names,etc. Was really not thinking "Star" war nor "Star" trek! Oh funny girl you. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun Nicky! I've always wanted to make one of these

    ReplyDelete
  6. And where, might I ask, is 'Twinkle twinkle'?!!

    P.S. 'They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.' Or ' Look, I'm trying to navigate at faster than the speed of light, which means that before you see something, you've already passed through it. Even with an IQ of 6000, it's still brown-trousers time.' (Red Dwarf, the best telly programme set in space. Ever.) That last one may be a little long, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I got all the quotes. ( I think I did) I especially love oh no not again !

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally love Helens. all i could remember was "oh smeg'".... lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. how about: 'it's life jim but not as we know it',
    'there's klingon's on the starboard bow'
    lol
    love the other suggestions...too

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about: 'This sounds like a 12 change of underwear trip'
    or 'Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!'
    or 'Rimmer, you are such a smeg head!'

    Okay, so my predilection was for Red Dwarf. As a small bit of trivia, one of the passwords for an account I share with a couple of other engineers at work has 42 at the end simply because we never have the answer from that tool, and it seems fitting that something involved should ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilt with likewise quilting. But really Nicky, you need a drink, a stiff one. When you're having a break from quilting stars?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...