Thursday 8 August 2013

Bee happy!

I madly signed up for several bees last year but have enjoyed every one!

And now I am lucky enough to be Queen Bee in two!

How happy am I to be receiving little packages in the post from near and far to reveal beautifully sewn blocks that I have tormented my bee mate friends into making for me!  Though I have really tried not to test them too much and I hope they agree.

My word they should have seen some of the things I was considering but rejected!!

But enough preamble here are the blocks....

From my Modern Stitching bee buddies I now have these blocks!  Four more to come I think!?  And I may add a few half blocks myself to the edge....not sure how big this quilt will be but I do love the boldness of these giant stars!






I was taken by the crosses cropping up across blogland and set this as my choice in my Bee a Brit Stingy Bee and my friends have done me proud!



I haven't yet sorted out what goes where but I am pleased with how it is looking!   Can you spot yours ladies!??


A few more to arrive but I am enjoying looking at them on my design wall!   

If you have never tried joining a bee then I have to say my experience is mostly fabulous!  There have been a few hiccups but I have met so many lovely people and received fabulous blocks as well!   They have also made me jump out of my comfort zone and try new things - sometimes a stressful feeling but I have learnt so much!   

19 comments:

  1. You are going to have two beautiful quilts from these blocks. I especially love the crosses and how they look as you have staggered them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blocks are looking fab. You are going to have 2 lovely quilts there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks!
    You deserve to be Queen Bee!
    Have a great weekend,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these Nicky. I've enjoyed our bee too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness your stars look amazing. Fab idea there, N!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks Nicky, isn't it nice to be on the receiving end of such wonderful work?

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look fab! (although I realised that I wrote "July" on the siggy block :-/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 more fabulous quilts in the making there N! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blocks!! I hope my contribution will be underway soon... In the mean time I'm busy putting my bee blocks together finally!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are going to be stunning and I can't wait to see them grow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're going to have a couple of gorgeous quilts. Although I confess I'm glad I'm not doing the triangles. I know I'd get it wrong! It's good to see the plus blocks as I'm about to make yours and I can refer to your picture to help me choose which colours to go for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooohhh - those stars in hexies are great! Like a rainbow prism. And I'm still loving crosses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All looking great! Bees are designed to challenge you, and make you realise that you could never make a quilt yourself out of 'X' block without going quietly mad ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous blocks Nicky, they are going to be fantastic quilts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yay!!! It looks like mine arrived safely! FINALLY!!! Sorry about that Nicky....

    ReplyDelete
  16. You made brilliant choices for your bee block requests. They are going to be wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...