Friday 29 April 2016

Finishing small things 5

At Fat Quarterly in 2013 I took a paper piecing class with Joanna and Julianna.  

We made this typewriter pattern:  Read between the lines by Joanna



I made my life difficult by using directional fabric for the background.   To make it look right I had to try and keep vertical lines vertical and horizontal lines horizontal.  The lovely Julianna was very helpful in keeping me on the right lines.  I really learnt lots on their workshop, which I have used since.

But this lovely typewriter has remained folded up in a drawer in my sewing room.  So at last it came out, was teamed up with some solid fabric for a frame on the front, and some text fabric and a chunky zip on the back.   It is now a very useful and decorative cushion.


I even set my rather long zip on the diagonal...just for fun, though it does make it easier to push a fat cushion in there!



Why did I wait so long?  

I will be linking this project to the Finish-A-Long 2016 at the end of quarter 2

Finish A Long 2016

This typewriter block is on my Quarter 2 list here

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes the starting, or in your case, the finishing is much harder in our mind than it ends up being in real life! Another great finish Nicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that typewriter, lovely sewing.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea to put the zip on the diagonal. The typewriter pattern looks complicate. Congratulations on completing another UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to put the zip diagonally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about this pillow! Great finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous!! Love it! Thanks so much for linking up with the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of all of the hosts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, all of your finishes are so amazing, I have no idea how you get so much done, Nicky!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...