Saturday 22 November 2014

Stitch Draw!



While actually looking at another book on Amazon - which I didn't buy!  - I found this book and thought I might use the techniques in some form of making .....




Well Amazon don't hang around do they?  I got the book today and just had to try something out.

I took this photo of our cat Saffy on IG



I just love that dangling paw!  And those white mittens!

Well I made this based on that photo..



Not purrfect but not a bad attempt to capture a cat at rest.   Not quite sure how to portray her fluff but maybe I'll find out by reading on!

11 comments:

  1. It came out great! Just rub it on the cat, that'll pick up the furriness ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great. I am good at the stitching but not the drawing part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! I find it hard to control my stitching enough to make a picture, but maybe I have to search out a book about it, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has clearly got you started! You will have a lot of fun with it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS, I like Katy's comment... hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love it! It will take you about 2 minutes to perfect this new skill! You are a star pupil, Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw look at Saffy, she's lovely, and your stitchery is brill.
    And Amazon are possessed at the moment, you would think it was Christmas or something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you clever cookie you! You have such a knack for free motion and embroidered art, looks like a perfect book for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...