Monday 28 May 2012

Fat Quarterly Retreat London!

Apologies to those not coming!


Yes I'm going to that thing!


Very excited!  Nervous even!  


Sightly panicky as everyone seems all set to go and I am so not ready!




But anyway....


I have been sewing since I was little - since about the Victorian times if you listen to my children!  I started with making soft toys - Dandelion is still with me!






....then clothes for me - don't think they have survived which is probably just as well!


Only after my first child (of three) did I get into patchwork at an evening class - which was as much about having adult conversation as making - you may know what I mean!


I pottered along starting lots, finishing little until introduced to blogs in 2010, started my own in 2011 and wow!  I just haven't stopped....this last year has been amazing - meeting you fabulous and lovely and inspirational people online!


Suddenly I have tried lots of new things and challenged myself !  I feel like a new person!   




Can't show you a genuine photo of me as there was this old wifie who kept jumping in the way every time I tried to get that glamour shot of me!  Hehe!




Can't wait to meet you in real life if I manage to escape the looking glass world....but linking in the virtual world for now!

Fat Quarterly


You will find me doing Frame purses, Embroidery, FQ Challenge and Portholes!



36 comments:

  1. Quite annoying these old girls popping up every time you turn. My is about as charming and beautiful as yours, but a bit spacier, if you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep shoving the old lady out the way! She'd only be disruptive imho! Another job for the list! Only 4 more sleeps! Eeeeek! Looking forward to seeing you again Nicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Nicky!
    I hope you will have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny, and can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny, I'm also someone who has lots of unfinished projects. AND I made exactly the same Noah quilt as you did. I think I bought the panel before 2000 and I only finished it 2 years ago! Looking forward to meeting you, we might be in some classes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE dandelion. he looks in great nick, as do you! See you on Saturday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wahooo! looking forward to meeting you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually I meant bulkier :-)
    The verdict on spacy is still open.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to meeting you Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. see you in frame purses Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's a similar old girl that pops up in my mirror too. :) I will see you in the portholes class.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are one hottie!!!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo, see you this weekend, and in both Sunday classes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to finally meeting you. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  15. so so so excited to meet you at last :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Nicky! I'm so excited for you. :) I wish that I did not live so far away so I would have a chance to join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure we'll meet; see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicky - I'm sooo jealous that you are going to the FQR - I wish I could come too!
    But - I wish you a fab time with all those other great quilting girls!
    I have a sticker on my bedroom mirror that says: "Wave and say hello to Aunt Kis!"
    That woman gets a lot of hellos!
    Personally I think that woman in your mirror looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. *waving* Now get back to your sewing machine and finish the cape and samples!!! Have a wonderfully fantastic time - I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can`t wait to meet you Nicky!! You always make me smile...for all the right reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just go with the hare logo! I'm sorry I'm not able to come. Hopefully it'll become an annual event. Have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. We get to meet at last! See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you and Dandelion have a fabulous time. Oh! is he not going? Surely there is room. Funny, when I look in the mirror it is my Gran who is looking back at me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Will be great to meet you... I'm in Frame purses and Portholes with you..... 2 sleeps

    ReplyDelete
  25. See you in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...