Wednesday 15 February 2012

Cupcakes anyone!?

I have been trying to make little practice pieces into finished items and this was one of my first bits of raw edge machine applique so it is about time it was finished off!  I made this way back in September and you can read about that here!


Originally I had a  little caption underneath which said " Cup of tea and cake?"


Now the colour just didn't go and I thought the legend was a bit tame for these three cheery, cherry cupcakes so girls I'm looking for inspiration to finish this off!






What caption can I add round the border to describe these cherry cupcakes?

Cupcake fabric on the back!


Thanks I am sure you will come up with better wittier phrases than I can...!


Come on Hadley!





17 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'm a bit short on brain power tonight, especially in the section that chooses words (!) so I'll ponder this and get back to you...unless you get inspiration from 'Friends' and put something like 'It's not a third nipple, it's a nubbin'...see, short on ideas tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute! I wish I was creative enough to name them something super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe
    cup of tea and a slice of cake
    Cupcake Parteeeey.
    I like pie, but I looooove Cupcakes.
    10 down, three to go
    Oooo I think I ate too many
    Three little cupcakes sitting on a wall....Along came me to eat them all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urgh, all out of inspiration tonight, sorry! Cute though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really am trying to keep it clean - Brit Bee have tarnished my cupcake vision!

    'They don't always come in pairs you know!'

    Or maybe need an Alice In Wonderland quote xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cherie's little poem . . .

    Three little cupcakes sitting on a wall....Along came me to eat them all

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Hadley. Brit Bee has caused me to see cupcakes in a whole new manner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look completely edible! Maybe Sweetcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, I'm out of inspiration, but they are really cute. What a neat choice for backing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a great finish, can't help with the caption but I do like Cherie's poem of three little cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't mind if I do !!!! xxxxx yummmm xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A little bit of what you fancy .....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Cherie's 10 down, three to go ! or how about let them eat cupcakes !! yeah, I know - very corny but it is late :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. trying to think of something....'with a cherry on the top!' but I'm all out of ideas. (Is it a song or something?)

    My head is still spinning from all that quilting goodness and needle know-how from thursday!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...